Ecstatic Kitchen: Manna From Heaven
I often jest that Boulder is the land of Almond Milk ad Raw Honey, where Coconut Manna falls from the sky. Back in Brooklyn Elliot and I have discovered one of the tastiest breakfasts, snacks, desserts possible. I am no expert but others tell me fruit is good for you. So is coconut so long as you are not allergic. I know the food combining experts wouldn't totally approve. But seriously, when it is hot as you know what and you sweat sitting because of the humidity in New York, you come to like this kind of thing. Maybe as much as putting your head in the freezer. Here in Boulder the temps are still so nice. But trust me people, you will be dying for the Manna on those hot summer days. I also really love this after doing yoga for a super long time.
- 1 banana
- Berries of your choice (I like raspberries
- Some kind of crunchy toping (i.e. cacoa nibs, almonds, walnuts, granola)
- Coconut butter
- Almond butter
- Pinch of salt.
- In a bowl of small mason jar mash a banana.
- Add berries which can be fresh or frozen. (we actually usually use frozen)
- Add the butter.
- Sprinkle salt and toping of your choice.
- Shmush (thats like a mash) it all together.
- Get it in your mouth.