Psycho Social Emotional Literacy For YogA Teachers
Begins October 2017
Spans 2017/2018 School Year (2 Semesters)
Proficiency in asana instruction and inspirational talks are not the only skills of effective yoga teachers. The great yoga teacher has a breadth of wisdom from inside their own skin that emanates because of its inherent truth. They are true to their word, honest and honors their personal experience while facilitating the varied experiences of their students. They provide as safe a space as possible for students at every level- physically, emotionally and psychologically. They honor their own boundaries and limitations. They keep diving, growing. But where do we begin? What is the ground of this capacity? What is the deep current that needs developing for all this to shine through?
This is the Jedi training you didn't receive.
Ready to go? Sign up here:
This course fills in gaps found in both our traditional learning systems, and believe it or not, a lot of traditional yoga teacher trainings. We have become largely illiterate in our emotional awareness. Yoga is one of our modern great attempts at rekindling that ability. Because emotions and movement are inextricably linked. As you know. Building a true literacy from the inside out on our Psychological, Social and Emotional development is truly needed for yoga to give us all it can offer. And of course, yoga helps cultivate these skills too.
Learn to read inside.
Read your room better outside.
In this course we will develop inner backbone, emotional bandwidth, psychological and conceptual understanding of human growth and development, as well as deeply satisfying interpersonal skills.
Topics included in the breadth and depth of this course: Self Process, The Inner Life, Emotional Regulation in Sadhana, The Emotional Body in Yoga, The Psyche in Yoga, Teaching to the Experience of Emotions, Neuroscience and Yoga, Attachment Theory and Theories of Personality complimentary to yoga, Theories of Human Development from a variety of soulful disciplines, Developmentally Appropriate Teaching, Trauma Sensitivity, Shadow Recognition, Interpersonal Relationship Skills, Community Building Skills, Psychotherapeutic Skills for Yoga Teachers, Scope of Practice and Ethics, Authentic Learning and Teaching Styles.
You will learn (in addition to the Topics mentioned above...)
- To connect with self and others emotionally and psychologically in a way that is authentic, vulnerable, strong and connected.
- Practices to become more embodied, more present, more available.
- To cultivate a meaningful practice of Inner Life.
- Tools for guiding students continually back into their own experience - rather than preaching what a “yoga experience” should be.
- Foundational trauma theory and wow to assess shock and trauma (in yourself and others).
- How to tolerate and accept the broad spectrum of individual expression in a yoga class as well as privates.
- How to create themes that inspire through the students' personal experiences - rather than themes that subtly manipulate.
- Foundational Shadow theory and how Shadow works inside you and in your classes.
- To compassionately face different aspects of your self that may be forgotten when teaching or studying yoga.
- Effective communication to help you in the classroom, in the studio, with colleagues and ultimately your daily life. Skills that drop the drama and create connection.
- Basic counseling skills to help you serve your students learning, growth and healing while simultaneously freeing you from being their therapist.
- How to identify who is really in your room psychologically and emotionally.
- How to teach people not just poses.
- A deeper sense of commitment and passion to your work.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Psychological Intelligence of Human Growth and Development.
- Social Intelligence
- Soul-ful Expression
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
- Twenty Four 50-60 minute-long sessions with Livia presenting the material (these are all recorded and available for streaming viewing and downloadable recording to view, listen and keep.)
- A live stream recording of each session, an audio download of each session and video download of each session.
- Downloadable PowerPoints chock-full of information to be used as a working manual.
- Two, 1-hour Somatic Mentoring sessions with Livia.
- Video tutorials and resources to support the lecture material.
- Written Yoga Sequences for a variety of levels and skill sets to facilitate learning and integration of material and for your use as templates.
- Audio and video asana classes of varying length and challenge to augment your practice, learning and integration of concepts.
- Academic readings from somatic psychology, yoga, neuroscience, human growth and development and the creative arts.
- Homework assignments for practical application and creative exploration.
- Opportunity to share experiences and gain knowledge in a like-minded, warm, safe, community—even though we may be far apart.
- Opportunities for bridge-building and soul-full networking.
- Opportunities to build ongoing support for your outer work, inner work, and businesses.
- Ongoing email support throughout the duration of the program. (includes: tech assistance, Livia and Peach Friedman as a T.A. for Academic, Practice and Personal development)
- Additional office hours/discussion hours sessions that will be recorded and downloadable as well. (the group as a whole will decide on when and how many of these there will be)
THE NITTY-GRITTY DETAILS:
- October 2017 - May 2018
- LIVE meetings Tuesdays @ 12pm MST
- DATES: TBD
- Tuition: $950
- There is one scholarship available as well as payment plans for this course. You can Apply Here. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a several month payment plan.
- Mentoring Sessions scheduled directly with Livia and do not expire.
- All sessions are recorded and the recordings available streaming and downloadable. If you cannot attend the Tuesday Lessons live you can still participate!
We take pride in doing lots of stuff by hand, student by student. Please allow 48 hours for confirmation of your enrollment. A thorough welcome letter with all materials and access info is sent approximately 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Before enrolling in our program please read, respect and honor a few policies regarding refunds and entering the courses:
I ask that you enroll in our courses in an invested and committed manner. A great deal of time, energy, expertise and attention to students and detail goes into each course. I ask you extend the same to us and your classmates.
You have permanent access to the program materials of your cohort. Therefore I ask you please do not request a refund because you have not had time to go through the course in the way you expected or you could not attend specific sessions. I believe in the importance of responsible adult education. I am confident in both the importance and application of this work in enhancing and changing your personal and professional life.
No refunds. No Partial refunds for missed sessions. No partial refunds on payment plans. No exceptions.
In the event of major power outages, internet snafus, acts of god, mercury retrograde or other unexpected circumstances the session effected will be rescheduled in a manner agreed upon by all students rather than a refund issued.