EMBODIED PSYCHOLOGY 101
SPRING COHORT 2018
March 8th- May 24th
Better than that Psych 101 from college....
This online course gives you all the essential terminology and some highly potent applications to understand and make use of the innate and appropriate behind-the-scenes processes happening all the time in your classes, in your students, and in you. Join us as we raise the bar of movement industry! Think of this as a survey course covering all your essential psychology terminology bases.
- Want to make your teaching more potent?
- Seeking tools to navigate your own process as a student and teacher of yoga?
- Want to address students needs without overworking or blowing a fuse?
- Want an understanding of the human psyche from an embodied yogic perspective?
- Want an understanding of yoga psychology?
- Curious about what is really going on psychologically during the practice and teaching of yoga?
- Looking for a language to understand the rich naturally occurring psychological phenomena in the yogic context?
THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU.
- Ego, Witness Function and the Ego Defenses.
- Shadow, Transference, Counter Transference, Erotic Counter Transference
- Tuckerman's Theory, Maslow's Hierarchy, The Circumplex Model, Cults
- Zone of Proximal Development, Scaffolding and Neuro- Plasticity