Embodied Psychology 101
Summer Session 2017 Starts JUNE 20th!
Better than that Psych 101 from college....
This online course gives you all the essential terminology and some highly potent applications to understand and make use of the innate and appropriate behind-the-scenes processes happening all the time in your classes, in your students, and in you. Join us as we raise the bar of movement industry! Think of this as a survey course covering all your essential psychology terminology basis.
- Want to make your teaching more potent?
- Seeking tools to navigate your own process as a student and teacher of yoga?
- Want to address students needs without overworking or blowing a fuse?
- Want an understanding of the human psyche from an embodied yogic perspective?
- Want an understanding of yoga psychology?
- Curious about what is really going on psychologically during the practice and teaching of yoga?
- Looking for a language to understand the rich naturally occurring psychological phenomena in the yogic context?
Then this course is for YOU.
- Ego, Witness Function and the Ego Defenses.
- Shadow, Transference, Counter Transference, Erotic Counter Transference
- Tuckerman's Theory, Maslow's Hierarchy, The Circumplex Model, Cults
- Zone of Proximal Development, Scaffolding and Neuro- Plasticity
What You RECEIVE:
- 9 live lectures (all recorded) with Livia Cohen-Shapiro M.A.
- The Embodied Psych manual containing your essential terms as well as applications.
- Downloadable files for your notes
- Access to an active group forum for inquiry and deeper study
- Videos, readings, handouts and more to assist your learning and integration of material.
- Lifetime access to the material
- Office hours with Livia as needed.
- Dates June 6-August 22
- Meetings are Tuesday at 11am MT
- June 20, 27
- July 4, 11, 18
- August 8, 15, 22, 29
- All class meetings are recorded; you do NOT need to attend live, although it is recommended.
- Course tuition: $350 This course is on a tiered pricing format. We hope this allows even more of you to take part in these important topics critical to all of our practices and teaching! Please select the tier that is appropriate for you. Everyone gets the same access to all materials. No special treatments or scenarios. Please in alignment with your needs.
Before Enrolling In Our Program Please Read, Respect And Honor A Few Policies Regarding Refunds And Entering The Courses:
I ask that you enroll in our courses in an invested and committed manner. A great deal of time, energy, expertise and attention to students and detail goes into each course. I ask you extend the same to us and your classmates.
You have permanent access to the program materials of your cohort. Therefore I ask you please do not request a refund because you have not had time to go through the course in the way you expected or you could not attend specific sessions. I believe in the importance of responsible adult education. I am confident in both the importance and application of this work in enhancing and changing your personal and professional life.
No refunds. No Partial refunds for missed sessions. No partial refunds on payment plans. No exceptions.
In the event of major power outages, internet snafus, acts of god, mercury retrograde or other unexpected circumstances the session effected will be rescheduled in a manner agreed upon by all students rather than a refund issued.
We take pride in doing lots of stuff by hand, student by student. Please allow 48 hours for confirmation of your enrollment. A thorough welcome letter with all materials and access info is sent approximately 2 weeks before the start of the course.