9-Month Mentoring Program
for Yoga Teachers of All Styles
June 2017 - February 2018
The 9-Month Mentoring Program is geared towards teachers of any style and discipline looking to incorporate deeper somatic and embodied psychology principles into their teaching. We bring 10 teachers together to learn, grow, digest and integrate.
A 200 or even 300 hour yoga teacher training program is a great launching pad for teaching yoga. There is so much more! When we expand consciously a whole world is able to awaken within which provides a great vehicle for the teachings of yoga to be shared with others.
Over the course of our time together you will...
- Be asked to refine your teaching skills by building on your natural strengths and supporting your challenges.
- Enhance your language, observation, touch, presentation and presence skills by incorporating somatic techniques that support your depth of awareness and strong boundaries.
- Enhance your asana teaching skills by bringing in somatic techniques such as the Focusing technique, Various movement analysis lenses and systems awareness.
- Be invited into seeing your own blind spots through a loving and thorough respect for the Shadow.
- Be supported through solo and group supervision as you figure out the world of yoga from the seat of the teacher and in some cases a business owner.
- Be asked to refine who you want to be and what you want to do as a yoga teacher.
- Be supported by a group of peers and colleagues as well as someone who well, gets it.
- Develop a bio, mission statement, and clear aim as a yoga teacher that grows with you.
- Add to your critical thinking skills in the industry of yoga, application of yoga for special diagnoses and populations.
What You Receive:
- One 60-minute private mentoring session with Livia per month (9 total)
- One 90(ish)-minute group mentoring session with Livia and your cohort per month (9 total)
- One recorded 60-minute lecture per month on teaching related skills (9 total)
- Assignments to enhance and practice the skills related to lecture each month
- One to three recorded yoga classes with Livia a month relating to the topic of the month.
- 3 class observations (either via video or in-person) with feedback over the course of the 9 months. (this may take up to 12 months)
- A private online group forum for discussion, questions, idea sharing.
- Readings, teaching aids, handouts as appropriate
- Resources, business help and networking as appropriate
- Enrollment in both online courses: The Psychologically Sound Classroom and Embodied Psychology for Yogis.
- Weekend Retreat Option available (TBD at additional cost)
Basic Course Outline
- Month 1 Body and Sensing: Deepening Personal Practice
- Month 2 Seeing and Listening: Observation Skills
- Month 3 Speaking and Articulating: Language and Voice
- Month 4 Feeling: Heart Language, Themes and Metaphor
- Month 5 Creativity: Music, Space, Art and Passion
- Month 6 Intimacy: Creating Deeper Experiences with Students
- Month 7 Dynamics: Knowing the Perils of the Path
- Month 8 Destiny: Teaching from your calling
- Month 9 Community: Building Sustainable Career
Each month is built around a theme, related to that theme we then explore a variety of skill sets to refine, personal processes to engage, asana alignment to tune up, sequencing strategies to implement and lots of the psychological-bent and business savvy as well.
- Program Limited to 10 Teachers
- Begins June 2017. (due to the intimacy of the program the group, once formed will decide on the days and times to meet so that all schedules can be accommodated)
- Tuition: $2,008 for whole program (Payment options include: Pay in Full $2008 , Pay in two payments of $1008. Pay in 5 Payments of $408)
- Cost listed does not include any books or materials you may choose to buy to augment your learning.
- As part of your enrollment in this course you are automatically enrolled in both the Psychologically Sound Yoga Classroom AND Embodied Psychology for Yogis courses as well ($1200 value)
Want to know more? Email Livia directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before Enrolling In Our Program Please Read, Respect And Honor A Few Policies Regarding Refunds And Entering The Courses:
I ask that you enroll in our courses in an invested and committed manner. A great deal of time, energy, expertise and attention to students and detail goes into each course. I ask you extend the same to us and your classmates.
You have permanent access to the program materials of your cohort. Therefore I ask you please do not request a refund because you have not had time to go through the course in the way you expected or you could not attend specific sessions. I believe in the importance of responsible adult education. I am confident in both the importance and application of this work in enhancing and changing your personal and professional life.
No refunds. No Partial refunds for missed sessions. No partial refunds on payment plans. No exceptions.
In the event of major power outages, internet snafus, acts of god, mercury retrograde or other unexpected circumstances the session effected will be rescheduled in a manner agreed upon by all students rather than a refund issued.
We take pride in doing lots of stuff by hand, student by student. Please allow 48 hours for confirmation of your enrollment. A thorough welcome letter with all materials and access info is sent approximately 2 weeks before the start of the course.