So I am a warm beverage fiend, sucker for a spot o' tea and also kind of obsessed with turmeric. Of all the ways I have tried making my mate in the morning, this one might be my favorite.
Frothy Turmeric Mate
- Loose leaf mate
- Ground Turmeric
- Maple syrup
- Coconut Oil
- Place mate in your french press and add hot water. press to make the tea.
- Add mate to a blender with about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, a nice amount of turmeric and just a bit of maple syrup.
- Blend until frothy.
- Enjoy delightfully
What I have heard...(i am not an expert but have friends who are)
- Mate has lots of antioxidants and can really help with the midday crashes of other caffeine. It can also suppress appetite so be careful with its usage.
- Coconut oil has antibacterial qualities and can also be great for lubricating the body and is an antiviral. BUT if you are allergic to coconut well, um, don't eat it.
- Turmeric is an anti fungal, anti bacterial, high antioxidant, anti inflammatory wonder.
- Making sure you have enough fat in your diet early enough in the day helps with weight, mood, cravings.
- I also know that morning ritual is a key to a happy and creative life.