Here is a really nice quinoa recipe straight from my mothers kitchen. We made it for Passover recently and I have been loooving the leftover batch! Its really a delicious treat alone, as a side dish, or on top of some salad greens. (We buy organic and we try for local. But you know, do what you can).
1 package shiitake mushrooms
1 big yellow onion
2 cups quinoa
1 bunch chard
1. Chop the onion and slice the mushrooms (dont use the stems) and place them in a saucepan with some olive oil and bit of garlic.
2. Chop the chard and set aside.
3. Place 2 cups quinoa with 4 cups water in a pot and cover.
1. Saute the onion and mushrooms with the garlic and some olive oil on medium heat until they are golden brown.
2. For the quinoa, turn the heat to high and wait for water to boil. Once the water with the quinoa in it boils, turn down to low heat and simmer covered until all water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
3. Once the mushrooms and onions are brown add in the chopped chard and stir together until chard is cooked.
4. Add mushroom etc mixture to the quinoa and stir so everything is all together.
SERVE, EAT ENJOY.